To provide expert and professional service in the evaluation of the user interface
for computer software or hardware developed by a company or any organization.
The Usability Lab is commonly used at the end of the development period, where
it would evaluate such things as:
- How long does it take a new user to learn the user interface?
- What types of errors are produced?
- What degree of difficulty is encountere
- Does the system yield problems not anticipated or expected by a user?
- What suggestions for improvement do members of the target user group have?
The Usability Lab can also provide evaluation during the early stages of software
or hardware development, as follows:
- During the analysis and design phases of the development, provide
assistance concerning the human computer interaction aspects of
the software and/or hardware.
- Provide assistance with design strategic for user friendly computer
- Assure that the various subtasks performed by the computer system
and the associated interface follows established human factors
and ergonomic principles.