PAPERS PRESENTED AND SESSIONS CHAIRED AT
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL MEETINGS
( Note: The details of the conferences are
given in this section along with the number of papers presented;
other details on these papers appear in Section 5.2 and Section
Annual Computer Society of India Conferences,
- New Delhi, 1973 (Presented a paper)
- Ahemadabad, 1975 (Presented a paper)
- Pune, 1977 (Presented 2 papers)
- Calcutta, 1978 (Presented 2 papers)
- Banglore, 1979 (Presented a paper)
- Bombay, 1980 (Presented 3 papers)
- New Delhi, 1987 (Presented a paper)
Annual APICS (Atlantic Provinces Council the
Sciences) Annual Conferences, Canada.
- Antigonish, N.S., 1983 (Presented a paper)
- Fredericton, N.B., 1984 (Presented 2 papers)
- Halifax, N.S., 1985 (Presented 3 papers)
- St. John's, Nfld., 1986 (Presented a paper)
- Wolfville, N.S., 1987 (Presented a paper)
- Halifax, N.S., 1991 (Presented a paper)
Canadian VLSI Conferences
- Edmonton, CCVLSI'84, 1984 (Presented one paper)
Canadian Supercomputing/High Performance
Computer Systems Symposiums
- Edmonton, 1988 (Presented an invited talk)
- Toronto, 1989 (Presented 3 papers)
- Chair for a session on 'Supercomputing Applications',
Supercomputing Symposium, Toronto, June 1989. Participation
sponsored by Supercomputing Center, U.N.B.
- Calgary, 1993, Session Chair for 'Parallel Tools and
Techniques' (Presented a paper).
- Ottawa, 1996, Session Chair for a session on Data and
- (Presented 2 papers); also Program Committee Member.
- Workshop on 'Parallel Processing', Bhabha Atomic Research
Centre, Bombay, Feb. 7-9, 1990, Invited Participant and
Center for Development of Advanced Computing
(C-DAC), Pune, India.
- Gave talks on 'Parallel Computing" in two workshops on 'High
Performance Computing', March 1-4, 1990 and August 17-19,
- Invited to inaugurate the exhibition on
Transputer-based Products, System Software, Application
Packages and Innovative Developments' organized as a part of the
First Indian Transputer User Group Conference held at C-DAC, Pune,
India, Dec. 13-15, 1993.
- Chaired the panel discussion on Transputers:
Capabilities and Limitations' wherein seven panelists from
industries and research laboratories participated.
International Association for Mathematics and
Computers in Simulation (IMACS) sponsored conferences.
- Tenth World Congress on 'System Simulation and Scientific
Computation', Montreal (Presented a paper).
- 'Computer Methods for Partial Differential Equations', Lehigh
University, PA, June 1984 (Presented a paper).
- Twelfth World Congress on 'Scientific Computation', Sorbonne,
Paris, France, July 1988.
- Organizer and Chairman of two technical sessions on "Monte
Carlo Simulation with Supercomputers".
(Presented 2 papers.)
IEEE International Conferences
- Supercomputing '91, Albuquerque, NM, USA, Nov.
1991. Invited Speaker and Panelist in the
workshop on "Parallel Algorithms for Molecular Dynamics and Monte
- IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks (ICNN'96),
Washington, D.C. June 2-6, 1996 (presented
- 1997 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer
Engineering, St. John's, NF, Canada, May 25-28, 1997, pp. 301-304,
May 1997. (Presented a paper and Session Chair for a session on
Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) Circuits).
International Supercomputing Institute, FL,
U.S.A., Conferences on Supercomputing.
- Boston, MA, May 1988 (Presented a paper).
Annual International Conferences on Parallel
Processing, sponsored by IEEE and ACM, held at St. Charles, IL,
- August 1987: Presented a paper.
- August 1989: Presented a paper.
SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied
Mathematics), U.S.A., Conferences.
- SIAM Conference on 'Parallel Processing for Scientific
Computing', Norfolk, VA, Nov. 1985 (Presented two papers).
- SIAM Conference on 'Applied Geometry', Albany, NY, July 1987
(Presented a paper).
Annual International Symposium on High
Performance Computer (HPCS)
- 10th Annual International Symposium on High Performance
Computing (HPCS'96), Ottawa, June 5-7, 1996. Presented two papers,
Program Committee Member, and Session Chairman for session on
Data and Computation Distribution 2', July 7, 1996.
- 11th Annual Symposium at Winnipeg, Manitoba, July 10-12, 1997,
Advisory Chair and Program Committee Member. Chaired the plenary
session on Integration of High performance Computing and
Communications and Web Technologies' by Dr. Geoffrey Fox (Syracuse
University); participated in the workshop on Canadian
Computational Collaboratory: Computational Collaboration in
Canada' as an Executive Member of HPCnet and member of the
Committee for Canadian Computational Collaboratory.
- 12th Annual International Symposium on High Performance
Computing Systems and Applications (HPCS'98), Edmonton, AL, May
20-22, 1998, Program Committee Member. Reviewed four
- International Symposium on 'Electronic Devices, Circuits and
Systems' (ISELDECS-87), sponsored by IEEE, Computer Society of
India and Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, Dec.
1987 (presented 2 papers).
- "Transputer Applications 91" - The third international
conference and exhibition at Glasgow, UK, August 28-30, 1991
(Presented a paper and session Chairman for "Remote Sensing I"
- "Parallel Computing and Transputer Applications '92
(PACTA'92), Barcelona, Spain, Sept. 21-25, 1992. Program Committee
Member, (Presented a paper).
- Indo-US Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Signal and
Image Integration Problems' sponsored by the Office of Naval
Research, USA and C-DAC, Pune, India, Dec. 16-18, 1993 (presented
- International Conference on Parallel and Distributed
Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'97), Las Vegas,
Nevada, June 29-July3, 1997. Chaired two sessions on
Software Environments, Tools, Languages and Related
- Organized (Program Chair) the Annual APICS (Atlantic Provinces
Council on Sciences) Computer Science Conference at Fredericton,
N.B., Nov. 3-4, 1989. The Conference attracted 95 persons from the
Atlantic Provinces - the largest number of participants since the
Conference began. The Conference was very well appreciated by the
- Center for Development of Advanced Computing, Pune,
- Organized two workshops on 'High Performance Computing', March
1-4, 1990 and August 17-19, 1990.
- Organized (General Chair) the Annual "Supercomputing
Symposium '91" at Fredericton, N.B., June 3-5, 1991. The technical
program consisted of invited talks and papers from Canada, U.S.A.,
UK, and Turkey. With our efforts the symposium assumed an
international character for the first time, and attracted over 120
participants. The symposium exhibition included exhibits by
Alliant Computer Systems Corp., Convex Computer Corporation, Cray
Research Canada, FPS Computing, Fujitsu Canada, HNSX
Supercomputers Inc., IBM Canada and Pittsburgh Supercomputing
- Advisory Chair of the 11th Annual International Symposium on
High Performance Computing Systems (HPCS'97), Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Canada, July 10-12, 1997.
- Program Co-Chair, HPCS'2002,
June 17-19, 2002.